January 26, 2023

Why Applicant Tracking Systems are Here to Stay

We all know the last couple of years has been hard. According to experts, even the uncertainty in the workforce is not slowing down hiring for many industries. With so much recruiting to be done, it’s a good time to reconsider how your software impacts your hiring lifecycle. According to, 73% of HR professionals already use an ATS (Applicant Tracking System). Perhaps you’re in the remaining 27%. If so, you may be wondering why exactly you should use one.

More Candidates, Better Conversations

Most applicant tracking systems are built for easy recruitment. Your hiring team can access a cornucopia of job boards at a click of a button, which decidedly expands your reach as a recruiter. But what if having more applicants makes it more difficult to connect? That’s not the case for the 59% who feel the seamless ability to send/organize their conversations with candidates is an essential part of their ATS. Respondents report that although hiring cycles are automated, their conversations happen more quickly and feel more human.

Help With Recruitment Strategy

If you feel the last few years has exposed imperfections in your company’s processes, you’re in the majority. Many employers have been forced to completely restructure the way they recruit new talent. In fact, 24% of respondents in’s survey implemented new technologies to handle remote hiring issues (such as getting rid of paper forms), while 11% reconfigured their ATS in some way. Faced with the challenges of COVID-19 and the residual issues that came with the Great Resignation, many HR pros saw a need for completely digital hiring.

Easier Background Checks

Here at Atlantic, we love doing everything online too. Many ATSs seamlessly integrate our online invitation and application for background checks, making it easier than ever for candidates to help you get their background checks out of the way. We have a video of it right here in case you’d like to see.

Save Time, Money, and Frustration

Despite everything you just read, over a quarter of the HR people interviewed said they do not understand an ATS’s benefits. In the past, they may have had a point. With hiring in many industries on the rise, however, HR pros are spread thinner than ever before.

The 46% who cited cost as a reason not to work with an ATS might be shocked to hear that some technologies can cost as low as $29 a month. While the nitty-gritty advantages of each technology differ, the effect of ATSs is to streamline your entire hiring process. From increasing your pool of applicants to onboarding individuals for payroll, an ATS can help your hiring team from start to finish.

We Can Help

25% of respondents said leadership would not commit to investing in an ATS. With all the pressures HR teams face, we can understand why. The truth is that an investment in an ATS is an investment in your team! Everyone needs a little support right now, and Atlantic wants to help. You may find our integrations portal here, including our Preferred Partners, or reach out to our office for more information.

Want to read more?’s ePublication with ATS Survey Info

Forbes’ What To Expect From The Job Market in 2023